On behalf of Global Shapers Community Jakarta Hub, I would like to invite you to apply or nominate someone who fits with the criteria below to be part of our community. Deadline of application is March12th 2017!
What is the Global Shapers Community?
The Global Shapers Community is a network of city-based Hubs developed and led by young leaders between 20 and 30 years old who want to develop their passion and leadership potential towards serving society. To that end, Hubs undertake local projects and sometimes collaborate with other communities to bring development to their communities.
Shapers are highly motivated individuals who have a great potential for future leadership roles in society. They are selected on the basis of their commitment to passion, achievements, leadership potential, and willingness to make a difference.
Through the Global Shapers Community, Shapers are provided with opportunities to connect with the worldwide network of Global Shapers, to network with other World Economic Forum communities, and to represent the voice of youth at World Economic Forum events. Shapers are united by a common desire to channel the members’ tremendous energy and enthusiasm into building a more peaceful and inclusive world. Read more at http://www.globalshapers.org/
What is Global Shapers Jakarta Hub?
Global Shapers Jakarta Hub is the first hub of Global Shapers Community in Indonesia. It currently consists of +20 young highly motivated and entrepreneurial Indonesian youth coming from various background and walks of life, from private sector and social entrepreneurship to public service and non-profit organizations. These young individuals are committed to improving the state of the world through their daily endeavors and through opportunities at the World Economic Forum.
Locally, the Jakarta Hub members are actively involved in projects to actualize the vision and mission of the Global Shapers Community. The hub’s project including the initiative in social impact investment fund - with Indonesia’s Young Global Leaders and Schwab Social Entrepreneurs; education assistance for kids in East Nusa Tenggara; and fellowship and mentorship program for college students in Jakarta and greater are.
Who are we looking for?
Potential members of the Global Shapers Community must be:
- young extraordinary individuals with great potential for future leadership roles in society and with verifiable achievements;
- between 20 and 29 years old at the time of nomination;
- from all walks of life and industry, with an interest toward greater global public good;
- highly committed to developing their leadership potential towards serving society;
- adhering to the highest standards of moral and intellectual integrity;
- possessing unique qualities that distinctly set them apart from the mainstream;
- entrepreneurial or intrapreneurial track record, having already initiated and delivered a major project or founded a company or organisation or having been in an influential position as part of a larger organisation, exceptionally contributing to serving society at large;
- resident or otherwise physically close to the cities in which their home Hub is based (Jakarta);
- ready to deeply engage in the Shapers community, reinforcing its mission and objectives; and
- supporting their fellow Shapers in their individual and professional development
What is the selection process?
Firstly, fill up the form at http://bit.ly/GSJAK-App2017 and please send your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org after you fill the form.
Selected applicants will be called for an interview during mid to end of March 2017. The panel of interviewers consists of colleagues and seniors at the World Economic Forum communities.
Successful applicants will be notified around end of March to early April 2017.